Friday, June 12, 2015

And then. . .

Well, we have made it through the year!  We have learned a lot and had a lot of successes!  We found out that these kids LOVE coding!  Seriously, I was so surprised by this!  I couldn't believe how long and hard they would work on coding with The Foos, Fix the Factory, Scratch Jr., and Kodable.  They were great about helping each other and really working together to solve the puzzles.  We also had great fun sharing what we had learned with Piccollage, Sock Puppets, and Telestory.  We loved review games with Kahoot!  We also really learned a lot about taking notes this year.  We used Popplet very successfully to do this.  However, Notable was a lot more difficult for many students.  If I had the year to do over again, I don't think I'd mess with Notable.  Popplet just made more sense to how my students are used to doing things, probably because I use a lot of webs in class.  Notable was just a little too free form.  If I did use it again, I'd start with it and do more explicit teaching with how to use it.  Overall though, it was a great year and we really learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment